Monday 5 November 2012

Reading Reflection #8


Something Borrowed
Emily Griffin
Pg. 37 - 47                              
This week, I continued reading the book Something Borrowed.  So far, this book just keeps getting better and better.  At the beginning I wasn’t very interested in it, but as I keep reading, I am getting more into it.  There are many things going on in the novel at this point.  A few of which I can relate to and make connections. 
In the story, Darcy is the best friend who gets everything.  I am sure that everyone has or has had a friend like this.  She is someone who basically just has pure good luck.  Just when you think maybe there luck is gone, they come back and get something else.  Rachel, the main character of this story also has connections with me.  In my opinion I am more like Rachel.  She works hard for what she has and earns basically everything.  I really like this story because I can relate to both of these main characters and understand what they are thinking and going through.
There are so many different ways that this story could end.  I have no idea which way it is going to go.  One idea is that Darcy finds out about Rachel and Dex.  If that happens, then there could be a wedding cancelled, and also fewer friendships.  I could also see the story keep going with Darcy never finding out what happened between the two of them.  Hopefully the story will continue to give us more hints as we keep reading.  I guess I’ll just have to keep reading to figure out what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment